* Introduction : In an economy where it's difficult to sell any house for full value, consider remodeling your kitchen to give your old home a breathe of fresh air. Doing this the cheap and easy way does take some preliminary planning and preparation but is well worth the savings to your wallet when you get ready to roll with the project.
First, decide what you would like to replace in the kitchen. Do you need a new floor, cabinets, appliances and perhaps, a way to make the kitchen larger? Adding space to your kitchen is your first crucial area to plan out. You'll need the advice of a contractor who knows how to remove a wall, preferably not a load-bearing wall, and give you a bid for the job.
* Getting Help Designing Your Kitchen and Saving Money : Take measurements of your kitchen, where your cabinets are and their sizes, appliances and sizes, floor span and ceiling height, and lay the measurements out on a drawn diagram. If this is your first remodeling job, then go to your local home improvement store and sit down with a kitchen designer who can put all your measurements into a design program and give you help for free, initially. The home improvement designer can also help with appliance, cabinet, countertop, flooring and store credit card deals currently in place and give you a great financial package, based on those specials. It's all a matter of timing it just right.
* Cabinets, countertops and other structures : Ask which cabinet makers have the best deals right now and for how long they last. Select cabinets with the wood type, color and door style that you want and have the designer put it into the software. Decide if you want to add in an island with a cooktop if there is room. Also get a bid on a countertop currently on sale. Get a quote on installation fees with cabinet prices, countertops, and also one with just the cabinet order if you think you can install those yourself. Save your bid.
* Appliances in a package deal : Next, have your designer take you over to the appliance section and look over current sales with appliance manufacturers. Look for brands that offer a range, refrigerator, over-the-stove microwave, and dishwasher package which allows you to get a rebate of $100 or more back in purchasing a package deal. Stick with well-known brands and later, do some research through Consumer Reports on current reviews for that brand and models. Get all the information and a sales bid done through the designer.
* Financing at its best : Home improvement stores offer their own credit cards and especially if you are a first-time successful applicant, you can make charges and payments on your card for 12 months without paying any interest. You have to apply at the time when the 12-month, no interest payments are going on in order to realize all the money you'll save by going this route. Enjoy your new kitchen!
Isaac writes on behalf of Cliq Studios a home improvements business who design, manufacture and sell quality kitchen cabinets which come with a lifetime warranty. Use the Cliq Studios website to visualise your new kitchen, request free kitchen samples or check kitchen cabinet prices. Whatever your requirement – trust Cliq Studios' Discount Kitchen Cabinets to exceed expectations.